If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to shopping or ordering on or using the benefits of our website, please contact Alliant Energy at 1-800-ALLIANT (800-255-4268).
Skip Navigation

Shareowner Services

Shareowner Services is available to assist retirees and shareowners of Alliant Energy common stock, as well as Wisconsin Power & Light Co, and Interstate Power & Light Co. preferred stock.

Access your Alliant Energy account online

Annual Reports

Alliant Energy Investor Relations Web site [includes current stock price, financial news, analyst charts and more]

Services provided include the following:
  • Assisting with investment through purchasing or transferring stocks
  • Transferring stock to and from accounts
  • Issuing 1099 forms
  • Issuing and replacing dividend checks
  • Replacing lost stock certificates
  • Mailing Dividend Reinvestment Plan statements
  • Administering the Shareowner Direct Plan
  • Mailing proxy cards
  • Maintaining historical records of accounts

PLEASE NOTE: Shareowner Services does not administer Alliant Energy Corporation's 401(k) Plan. Call JP Morgan at 800-345-2345 (7 a.m. - 7 p.m.).


Contact information

Alliant Energy Corporation stock certificate

Kari Nelson
Shareowner Services Administrator


Alliant Energy Shareowner Services General Information

Toll-free: 1-800-353-1089

Fax: 608-458-3321

Alliant Energy Corporation
Shareowner Services
P.O. Box 14720
Madison, WI 53708-0720


Shareowner Direct Plan

Visit Shareowner Online to access online tools.

If you have questions, please call Alliant Energy Shareowner Services at 1-800-353-1089 or e-mail shareownerservices@alliantenergy.com.


Stock transfers

Wells Fargo is the transfer agent for our common stock, as well as preferred stock for Wisconsin Power and Light Co., IES Utilities, and Interstate Power Co. Wells Fargo Shareowner Services handles any type of stock transfer for shareowners, including:

  • Name changes
  • Custodial accounts
  • Trusts
  • Gifts (gift certificates are available for birthdays, graduations, etc. from Alliant Energy Shareowner Services)
To transfer shares from SINGLE or JOINT accounts, we require the following:
  1. Stock Power form [PDF]. The signature(s) must correspond exactly with the name(s) as it appears on the account from which it is being transferred.
  2. Your signature must be witnessed by a Medallion Guarantee Program Member (contact your financial institution or broker).
  3. Surrender of the physical stock certificates (if any). When mailing the certificates, we suggest that you insure your package for 2% of the face value to avoid replacement costs.
  4. Mail to:
Alliant Energy Shareowner Services
4902 N Biltmore LN
Madison, WI 53708-0720

If you have questions, please call the Alliant Energy Shareowner Services hotline at 1-800-353-1089 or e-mail shareownerservices@alliantenergy.com.

You may also contact Wells Fargo Shareowner Services at 1-800-356-5343.